David Smith's Rock and Roll Playground

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My body hates me right now.

Here are some of the reasons.
the injuries.
In the past week I've hit myself in the shin several times with a blunt metal pry bar, once hard enough to raise a Easter egg size bump in my leg. I jammed my finger making it hard to hold things and write, and most importantly bowl. I also bruised my heel something fierce; to the point where I had actual problems walking, on the journey back from campus I had to stop several times to rest my weary foot, and overheard two girls who (I believe) were discussing the legitimacy of my preposterous limp. and to put the icing on the cake. I jammed a sizable wood sliver under my nail at work the other day, that after 2 days I extracted after much toiling with a surprisingly sensitive part of the body. While jamming metal object into my nail bed to retrieve the foreign object, I almost passed out. it was .....fun?

My diet.
school is stressful, and food is very comforting, and when i make it myself a strain on my already busy life. so whats the solution? plenty of precooked, microwavable food, fast food, and pizza in any way that I can find it. I'm sure my cholesterol is through the roof my metabolism can't keep up, and my body will soon show the effects.

the dryness
Winter is coming, and the dryness that seeps into Utah and sucks the moisture out of every living thing will soon leaving me with elephant knees and rhinelbows, and grossly chapped lips. This is a particularly traumatic on my humidity acclimatized skin.

And a simple equation tells the rest.
time/(school x girlfriend)= happiness with the remainder of no sleep.


so my resilient body soldiers on begrudgingly, longing for better times.
for now it's time to sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mylee said...

i'm glad this blog worked out for you dave, i thought you'd lost it for sure. and I still get queasy thinking of watching you jam those tweezers under your fingernail to get that fatty chunk of wood out. i could never have done that, too woosy

10:53 AM  
Blogger austinmcraig said...

Interesting wording, what with dryness seeping in. Seeping somethings are usually wet.
Also, Mylee said "woosy".
Feel better.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home