David Smith's Rock and Roll Playground

Friday, June 01, 2007

despite not doing anything too important, this week was a good week.



I saw The Karate Kid the other day, I caught Justin during his watching of the movie and then the movie caught me in it's web. Man the last chapter of that DVD was worth watching again...so I did . In case you VHS watchers are wondering what the last chapter entails; it's from when they start playing you're the best around until the end when Daniel LaRusso, breaks the wills and the hearts of the whole Cobra Chi DoJo with one crane kick. It made my week, just like the movie made my childhood. It must have been the high point of Ralph Machio's life when Elizabeth Shue says "you're the best," and his blonde haired rival concuring with the last line of the movie confesses "you're alright LaRusso."
Wow! if that doesn't do it for you you better check your pulse.

Since we're on an 80's movie kick, Teen Wolf came up last night after my little brothers graduation when there was a full moon. We came to the conclusion that that movie doesn't get enough credit in at least 2 ways. First it doesn't get enough credit for being as terrible bad it was. Two, not enough is made of how hard it is to do a handstand on the top of a moving van around a corner. No normal man could pull that off, it was hard even for a wolf man.Also, methinks I remember a spin off sitcom or cartoon I don't remember which it was. It gets a little hazy, there's a lot of mist in my personal way back machine.

Anyways, sorry for the hiatus have a great day wherever you are.

5 Comments:

Blogger ber said...

i had such a crush on daniel-san! until i grew taller than him in the 3rd grade. sigh.

11:00 AM  
Blogger meredith said...

The handstand on the van blew my mind as a kid. Still does actually. Glad you are back. Really glad.

2:47 PM  
Blogger D Smith said...

Amber, first, spell check doesn't catch it when the A in Amber is not capitalized. Second, sometimes big things come in small packages,

Meredith, it should never cease to amaze us. also, "I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean."

11:37 PM  
Blogger sara said...

"methinks"
that made everything (as in me reading your blog) worth it.

10:05 AM  
Blogger D Smith said...

methoughs that's where you got that for the facebook wall post

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home