David Smith's Rock and Roll Playground

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Everyone likes to be a appreciated


a couple weeks ago i had two experiences that made me feel more compitent than I ussualy do.

First I bought a bike, After work one day I stopped in to see an old friend i haven't seen in a while...DI, I used to fancy myself a bargain hunter, and still look for great deals when I have a chance. I stopped in and perused among the rough in pursuit of a diamond when i saw a glittering glint from a badly beaten Bmx Bike.(how's that for alliteration) as I drew closer I recognized the partially missing Logo on the bike, "Redline," it was a coveted bike from the days of my youth, and since I've been trying to recapture my youth, five bucks was a terrific price for such a valuble piece of nostalgia. As I strolled out of the automatic door grin on my face, a guy stopped me and asked how much I got that bike for, after telling him, he congradulated me on a great deal.....and while I knew it was a great deal myself, very rarely do great DI finds pay such immediate dividends. this made me feel great, good enough to overlook the buyers remorse from the junk I had bought in addition to the bike.

Second, Bowling, Mylee and I went bowling a few days later, the alley was pretty much empty and after shaking the rust off, I began to bowl pretty well, stringing together some strikes and some decent scores, Once again I felt pretty good about my abilities but figured nobody else would notice, so I kept myself composed, when as I took of my shoes a lady and her son approached me and asked how I rolled the ball to get so many more pins. Flattered I gave a 30 second bowling lesson, to a mother and her son. As we were walking away the mother picked up a ten pin spare. She jumped in the air kicking her legs to the side like a girl a tenth her age. That felt good, bowling feels good, and I think were going to sign up for a league again. good times good night.

2 Comments:

Blogger austinmcraig said...

Agreed on the league, and I expect a similar lessen when we start.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

You're a good man Dave, and very competent. It's fun taking pleasure in the simple things. This entry makes me want to complement strangers more... "Hey Good-looking!! I like your car!!! Let's go for a drive sometime!!!" Just kidding. I don't want to complement strangers in that way. Sorry. I've been cheerfully sarcastic for a month now. I don't know what's wrong with me. Good post though. I like your blog.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home