David Smith's Rock and Roll Playground

Friday, September 14, 2007

why won't this blog let me have a title line?

Two fairly inconsequential observations I had during the first week of school.

1. The lowest common denominator for friendship is despising the position you're in.
The easiest way to make friends in the first couple weeks of classes is talk about how much you hate what you have to do in that class.

2. Utah hair.
I think people with particularly big, striped, or tattered hair do so because, when they do, people look at them, and they have a hard time differentiating between good and bad attention. because, when you're in a see of cougs a little attention seems like a foot in the door.

3 Comments:

Blogger austinmcraig said...

Keep up the good work, Smith, and we'll tackle this blog title thing yet.

4:57 PM  
Blogger meredith said...

The back of the class is jackpot for making friends. And without friends in class, I would not have graduated. You are right on the money though on how I made them.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Jasie said...

I realized a couple years ago that all of my closest friendships were based on shared annoyances rather than common interests. I can always over look the fact that I have nothing in common with a person as long as we can understand each other's irritability.
BTW, your blog is really enjoyable to read, Dave. Good work.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home