David Smith's Rock and Roll Playground

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Jackets, well I've had some encounters with jackets lately and I've got the pictures to prove it.

First and foremost, I saw these at DI, and what a Bargain at just 50 $ Unfortunately 50$ is a lot for me lately luckily for me these aren't moving very fast off the rack, who knows why, I mean a genuine leather patchwork jacket with button lapel and industrial zipper, and there were only 75 to 100 left I hope there still there after the black Friday rush.
Might I add this jacket is remarkably similar to the one Johnny Depp wears in 21 jump streetand while were on the topic of sensitive talented hunks; check me out in this Jay-Z inspired down jacket at Ross for only 25 dollars.
This next one represents everything great about my parents, we weren't rich in growing up and it was kinda understood among 8 kids that you wouldn't always get what you wanted for Christmas or birthdays, especially since they fall in the same month for me. So, I never really asked for things growing up, with two notable exceptions, one of which was a starter jacket in 6th grade. when I asked for it, my dad took me to the mall (his least favorite place on earth) in one of the busiest times of the year and bought my this overpriced 49ers Starter pullover with kangaroo pouch. So, when I saw the exact jacket at DI how could I help be be overwhelmed with thanks for parents who love me, and were willing to sacrifice for a 12 year old kid with an insatiable desire for sports and popularity.
what was they other time I asked for something you ask? oh I just got caught up in the Crossfireand last but not least I pick up this jacket from DI tonight, I don't even like the broncos but it fits like a dream.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jasie said...

oooh, i love that broncos jacket!! if you ever decide you dont want it, I'd be happy to take it off your hands!

8:13 AM  
Blogger meredith said...

"Please mr. jailer! Won't you let my baby go free."

I should be embarrassed about the number of times I have seen cry baby. I am not, but I know I should be.

8:34 PM  
Blogger rickb said...

What is this DI you speak of? I need to get my hands on a few Starter Pullover jackets.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home