David Smith's Rock and Roll Playground

Monday, November 12, 2007

episode 2

I know Austin tends to have the market cornered on strange dreams but, I have a submission of my own today.
I have what they call lucid dreams which means I am aware of my dreams and can mentally manipulate them to some extent. It's a lot like playing some sort of choose your own adventure video game. So occasionally I'll be Spiderman or one of the X-men but usually I'm just myself, and the lucid aspects of my dreams are me getting out of trouble, or out of an awkward or unsavory situation. however last night I had a new spin on my lucid dreaming, reoccurring developing characters.
About 6 months ago I had a dream that I was in the home of my youth and a car broke down in front of my house, as I went out to assess, and perhaps help the situation, I ran into a guy (completely fictional) from down the street, a mechanic of sorts, and while he seemed unsavory, he also appeared to be a genuinely nice guy. He fixed the car and moved on....later in the dream I came across one of his tools and decided to return it too his house Upon finding the door locked I proceded around back where to my surprise I found him and his very pregnant wife Dancing the waltz. the waltz seemed quite out of charactor for a grizzled mechanic. He was startled; but rather than being embarrassed, he was grateful I had returned the tool. and thats where I fade out of dream consciousness and faded into waking up.
well last night I had a similar dream, no car or tool, but once again I found myself approaching his back yard, but this time they were not doing the waltz but instead some sort of Shakespearian style play. The grizzled mechanic was the director and his wife (no longer pregnant) was the lead, this is not so weird except that the couples life had developed quite a bit since I last met them, most notable the mechanic had a longer beard, the wife was not pregnant, but there was a new baby they showed me, once again dream faded out as I faded in, and that was the end of it.
This is wierd to me, I've had reoccuring dreams before but never any where fictional charactors continue developing in suspended animation. It seems that my mind, noticing that this was a previously dreamt situation, imediately advanced the charactors lives to make up for my gap of interaction with them. Has ayone else experienced this? I'd like to know.

1 Comments:

Blogger austinmcraig said...

Never had one like that. Recurring dreams, yes, recurring characters, no, especially not fictional.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home