David Smith's Rock and Roll Playground

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Well well, at this point I'm pretty sure no one's is reading this, but here goes anyway.

What's crackin'?

This is a phrase that has made it's way into my permanent vocabulary. The funny thing is, my use of this phrase started out as a joke with its origins in 11th grade P.E., when I heard Bobby Griffin, the most ghetto black man I've ever met, said to me and a friend, "whats crackalackin'", a phrase that has since become somewhat popular however, at the time was pretty unique. we all had a good laugh at this exotic question and between me and my friends it was a fun joke to ask each other whats crackalackin' as a greeting. So you might think this joke would stop after we all graduated, and well I'm sure for my friends it did; but me onthe other hand I just kept on saying it, and now people I'm sure that people think that say "whats crackilackin?"or in its shortened form "whats crackin'," because i think its cool. My point is I carry on jokes way too long until new people I meet think that's who I am, and in a small way it they must become a part of who I am.

In conjunction with this, and as I alluded to in my previous post, I have a fidgeting problem. This is another thing I worry about when I'm making a first impression. I am almost constantly either tapping my foot, or playing with whatever I have in my hands. I'm sure that appear to be a crack addict jonesing for a fix. I wish i could fix that about myself, it was a major distraction for people on my mission, and I'm sure most people who see me in my most fidgetous state think I'm actually crazy. If you see me on the street I assure you I'm not actually crazy, I just fidget like a 5 years who needs to pee.

Thank you for you time and consideration.

1 Comments:

Blogger meredith said...

I am still reading. Keep writing.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home