David Smith's Rock and Roll Playground

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

If you don't like B.Y.U. and its governing bodies go elsewhere, please.

That being said, I consider myself a republican, however, I will never be seen at a republican event at B.Y.U.. B.Y.U. Republicans often are the most condescending and ignorant people I've ever met. Often, I don't think people even believe what they say in defense of their own party.

And.....

I Remember when I found out that lazy was cool in second grade when I didn't turn in a Math homework, and felt oddly pleased. However, recently I've noticed that laziness no longer serves me any purpose and condoning it with my praise serves only to help re-enforce bad behavior in my friends and relatives as well as in me. I'm not saying that you have to be uptight all the time, I am a strong supporter of not worrying to much about things that have very little bearing on what you can accomplish in life like which school you go to, or what GPA you have. I'm just saying it would be nice if their could be an actual paradigm shift where industrious was rewarded with the badge of cool, like laziness is now.

Industry is the new cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Landon said...

What if you work hard at being lazy?

9:29 AM  
Blogger d smith said...

i looks like we stumbled into a paradox

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home